6 - month contracts - Bilingual and Non-Bilingual
The Agency We are a child welfare and children’s mental health agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area just north of Toronto we provide the opportunity to combine a career with a lifestyle of your choice.
The Job This posting is for temporary contract positions based in the Barrie office. The incumbent will report to the Service Manager and will have main responsibilities for handling telephone intake responsibilities for the Society, completing initial assessment and documentation on referred cases and completing file disclosures as required. These are CUPE Local 5319 Bargaining Unit position.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Arts in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of child welfare case management.
- A demonstrated ability to accurately assess risk based on intake information.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and support people in risk situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression values and principles is important.
- An appreciation of and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required for any designated bilingual position and is a highly desired asset for any non-designated positions.
Compensation The salary range is $51,114 to $64,537 commensurate with experience.
April 18, 2019