Glen Transport is seeking a full-time Maintenance Manager based in Skookumchuk, BC. The position reports to the Division Manager in Skookumchuk and will work closely with DCT Chambers Trucking Maintenance Manager to develop best practices and procedures between the divisions.
The position is responsible for the oversight and management of shop staff, scheduling of truck and trailer servicing to ensure safe and continuous operation of our fleet.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Prepare and execute the weekly and daily maintenance schedule
· Ensure fleet meets the service and roadworthiness requirements as dictated by the National Safety Code
· Constant communication with dispatch and the Service Coordinator to ensure uninterrupted service on the roads and in the shop
· Work with outside shops for services where necessary
· Manage staff schedule and staffing issues as they arise
· Manage and monitor the preventive maintenance programs in place
· Conduct periodic shop meetings
· Monitor shop efficiency, productivity and quality workmanship
· Review all work orders with service staff in a timely manner to ensure labour hours and parts have been appropriately charged out and are correct
· Review all outside shop service sheets and invoices for accuracy and completeness
· Identify tractor chargebacks to manufacturer or lease operator on the inside shop and outside shop servicing on tractors and trailers
· Enforce health and safety within the maintenance department
Education, Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate will be required to hold a Red Seal Certification in Commercial Transport, plus courses in supervisory techniques and labour relations, plus 5 years of previous experience in a management position relating to commercial vehicle maintenance. This position requires a person to be organized, able to communicate effectively (written/verbal) and able to prioritize multiple tasks at hand.
Compensation will be competitive and based on experience. We offer a comprehensive group benefits package with medical/dental coverage.
About the Company:
Glen Transport, a division of DCT Chambers Trucking Ltd., specializes in wood fibre hauling mainly serving the Pulp/Paper and Forest industries. Glen Transport operates a diverse fleet of trucks and specialized trailers throughout East Kootenays and into the United States. For more information, please visit our website: www.chambersgroup.co
Job Type: Full-time