Established in 1951, Farmer Construction is a privately-owned family business which has collaborated extensively in the development of Vancouver Island communities and skyline. Having worked successfully in all disciplines of construction including General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build and Tenant Improvements we take great pride in having built a solid reputation for managing and constructing quality projects on time and on budget. This pride also extends to our team of professionals who deliver exceptional experience and service to our clients.
Why Work With Us
At Farmer, we invest in our people. As a Farmer team member, you will enjoy creating collaborative experiences both in the office and on the site. We provide opportunity for people with creativity and commitment to be a part of an entrepreneurial company with deep roots in beautiful Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. In addition to working in a beautiful community we are also an integral part of it and actively support a variety of community organizations and charities.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounts Payable Accountant handles all aspects of the company’s payable cycle. The Accounts Payable Accountant will also be the primary vendor contact for invoicing and payment enquiries.
Key results areas:
- Accurate and timely processing of accounts payable invoices and payments
- Payment of subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with agreed terms
- Organized, logical and timely filing of accounts payable documentation
- Timely response to internal and vendor inquiries
- Raises appropriate subcontractor and supplier issues with CFO in timely manner
- Engagement with vendors is characterized by respect and integrity
General duties by function:
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts payable, such as vendors bills and invoices, internal project invoices, WIP reports, account statements and other financial reports using accounting system
- Verify and reconcile transactions for accounts payable, invoices, payment requisitions, and vendor statements
- Request copies of outstanding accounts payable invoices based on review of vendor statements
- Ensure Superintendent and Project Manager approval of accounts payable invoices and costing prior to accounts payable batch posting
- Prepare and issues payments for vendors on a monthly basis
- Report accounts payable pending invoice list to superintendents and project managers on weekly basis
- Complete financial filing of accounts payable invoices
- Respond to vendor inquiries by email and telephone
- Preparation of subcontractor holdback reconciliations
- Process credit applications and credit card payments for suppliers
- Provide information on vendor billings and payments
- Compare subcontractor billings to subcontracts to ensure payments do not exceed subcontract values
- Record contract and subcontractor insurance certificates and reports on contract and subcontractor compliance
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter, resume including any relevant certifications.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Accounts Payable: 3 years (Required)
- ERP: 3 years (Preferred)