Reporting to the Maintenance Manager
- Is the principal contact and liaison person between the maintenance department and the plant departments served by maintenance.
- Is responsible for long-range as well as short-range planning.
- Reviews and screens each work order to see that it is has been properly filled out.
- Examines jobs to be done and determines scope and best way to accomplish the work.
- Obtains blueprints, drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures as needed, from files or other sources. Makes any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Identifies and obtains (requisitions, orders, kits as appropriate) determinable materials, entering material needs on work order. Determines if critical items are in stock by verifying availability with stores and reserving same.
- Estimates jobs, showing sequence of steps, the number of mechanics, and required man-hours for each step.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders awaiting scheduling in accordance with their priority and requested completion date.
- Schedules preventive maintenance and other planned work in coordination with production and maintenance supervisors.
- Coordinates requisition of all predetermined parts, materials, and special tools, and ensures that equipment to be worked on will be available and ready. Arranges for any safety inspection, fire and standby watch.
- Issues approved schedules together with relevant work orders and other planning documents to lead hand.
- Follows up to ensure that work orders are returned at the proper time. Carefully reviews completed schedules and corresponding work orders returned by the maintenance mechanics, monitors work order progress, and prepares associated reports.
- Develops a file of standard work orders (plans) for regularly recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience, to simplify the planning process.
- Maintains necessary records and files and prepares and distributes meaningful and accurate control reports.
Business Objectives Alignment
Support his/her manager in achieving sector objectives
Ensure the availability and performance of equipment by dealing with maintenance operations in priority order
Ensure the scheduling of work orders by planning, optimizing and evaluating the necessary resources
Follow work order management processes
Work with other sectors to coordinate and prioritize activities
Support the supervisor in work organization
Take the initiative to develop his or her skills
Health & Safety
Comply with safe work standards in effect
Contribute to a safe and healthy work environment for all staff in his/her units
Identify OHS requirements when planning work
Promote sound occupational health and safety management
Corporate Responsibility and Governance
Encourage and promote ethical conduct and uphold Cascades’ culture and values
Client Focused and Innovation
Apply the principles of excellence in line with our client-centric business vision
Participate in continuous improvement activities
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Maintenance Planning: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)