The Project Manager is responsible for safely delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project's lifecycle.
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Development and Continual Learning
- Manage the entire lifecycle of specific projects, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities.
- Design, implement, and supervise the implementation of new system installations, expansions, modifications, migrations, and so on.
- Define the project's goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget
Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated experience in ICI Sector with project $5-$50 Million in value.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Familiarity with Procore project management software an asset
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Chair meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Persuasive and motivating, with a strong focus on managing consultants.
Job Type: Full-time