We are looking for a Data Scientist to support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to improve business outcomes.
· Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
· Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
· Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
· Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
· Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
· Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
· Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
· Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
· Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
· Experience working with and creating data architectures.
· Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Skills and Qualifications:
· 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
· Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Text mining, Social network analysis, etc.
· Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
· Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
· Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
· Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Payscale: Applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis and remuneration would be decided on basis of performance during Job Interview, Relevant Work Experience and Qualification.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $65.00 /hour