*The candidate for this position can be located anywhere between Manitoba & British Columbia*
Oversees all phases of the Western Canada Finished Goods Yard operations and dispatching to ensure goals are met safely and efficiently. Incumbent is responsible for the supervision of all Shippers & Receivers within Western Canada. Ensure that the finished goods yard operates both safely and environmentally compliant, whilst effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative policies and procedures by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for optimizing delivery routes. Look for opportunities in efficiencies throughout the operation, delivery, yard and report monthly on feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring all Finished Goods Yard functions, ensuring conformity to company policies.
- Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers to and from the Finished Goods Yard (as needed) to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with customer service, drivers, yard coordinators and driver supervisor.
- Track truck movements to assure that we have a method of monitoring on time pick up and on time delivery.
- Communicate and resolve issues, problems and concerns with drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims, directions, driver paperwork, permits and other issues.
- Look for opportunities to use combined company drivers and contracted carriers to minimize freight cost.
- Define high volume one- and two-way freight lanes and work to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight lane.
- On-call support for company driver questions and needs as they arise, including 3rd party drivers and storm response team
- Responsible for Finished Goods Yard inventory; performing regular cycle counts and annual inventories.
- Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
- Knowledge of all company safety, Department of Transportation (DOT) and yard Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) programs.
- Participate and contribute to company safety program.
- Manage Shippers & Receivers within Western Canada to ensure standard transportation processes are followed.
- Responsible for performance management, training, vacation requests, recruitment, etc. for the Shippers and Receivers in conjunction with the Plant Managers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Travel: Up to 30%-40%
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) in Logistics or a combination of education and experience
- 2 – 4 years of commercial trucking experience preferred.
- 2-4 years of rail experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work tactfully with transportation carriers, accounting, data processing and sales personnel.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and then general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
- Education reimbursement
- Vacation & paid time off
- Stock options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- commercial trucking: 2 years (Required)
- rail: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)