Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Property Tax Administrator, Remittance
Manager, Mortgage Services
Purpose of Job
The incumbent is responsible to effectively manage a portfolio of tax accounts for multiple municipalities and accurately remit payment installments prior to the due dates outlined by those municipalities. In addition, the incumbent must complete tax adjustments for escrow accounts to maintain accuracy of the tax component and account balance and process credit refunds to the borrowers as needed
- Accurately prepare, reconciles and remits tax payments for regular installments, arrears or administrative charges to municipalities across the region prior to payment due date for all accounts on tax escrow
- Contact municipalities and/or borrowers for the purpose of obtaining property tax information/bills as it relates to arrears, confirmation of tax levies or for remittances purpose
- Send notification listing to various municipalities for additions and deletions of tax accounts under escrow to ensure future billing are received
- Investigate any discrepancies or gather information from the municipality or related government bodies for any incentive programs offered as it relates to the property taxes and collection for that municipality
- Gather information and accurately set up new tax accounts as needed
- Complete tax adjustments for escrow accounts and send notification of payment changes to borrowers ahead of time
- Accurately calculate and process refunds for accounts under escrow
- Handle enquiries received via telephone, fax, mail or emails from internal or external parties, including borrowers, brokers, solicitors, municipalities, etc.
- Contact the municipalities to investigate or gather specific information as it relates to general queries or specific accounts
- Prepare and send various advisory notices where needed to borrowers or municipalities
- Attend to daily return mail and ensure proper address is updated
- Compile, prepare and send out tax remittances and other type payments to the municipalities
- Process incoming tax cheques received from borrowers or municipalities
- Providing back up assistance and other support as needed
- Complete a degree or diploma program in a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the mortgage industry or a related field
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong organization skills
- Superior communication skills (written and oral)
- Team oriented
- Ability to solve problems and propose solutions
- Working knowledge of various software packages, including, word with intermediate excel skills being a must
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with very little or no supervision
- Must be fluent in English both verbal and written
- Processing and/or property tax experience will be an asset
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.