Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. is Calgary based, owned and operated. Our team has several decades of business experience. We are looking for an experienced Hoe Operator to join our team for a job located in Valleyview, Alberta. As part of our team you will help us close the digital divide and enrich rural communities that desperately need high speed internet! As part of that effort you will travel throughout Northern Alberta to work in other towns which we are constructing network.
Successful candidates will work with our small equipment operators, horizontal drillers and general laborer's to install underground fiber optic mainline and drops for customer premises in the Valleyview and surrounding areas of Northern Alberta. The Hoe Operators will be responsible for safety and high-quality work that meet expected deadlines. The ideal candidate must be able to work 8 – 12 hour days in various weather conditions.
· Safeguard people, property, and environment by following legislation and HS&E program
· Operate motor vehicle and trailer
· Properly secure and transport equipment to work site and safely off-load
· Establish responsibility and care for equipment through preventative and ongoing maintenance
· Operate equipment to facilitate installation of pipe/conduit for underground fiber optic cable
· Pull cable through conduit and ducting with the use of equipment and by hand
· Perform labor tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment that includes site clean-up
· Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment
· Work under the direction of the supervisor
· Class 5 driver’s license.
· Mechanically inclined
· Experience working with fiber optics is an asset
· Experience driving and operating one tonne sized trucks and trailer
· Ability to manage a physically demanding position that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive wages and a huge opportunity to learn and grow. This job is not based on a contract and is a permanent position. We want to ensure that we do not compromise our quality of workmanship. We do not have unrealistic expectations as to what can be accomplished each day and are willing to work with candidates who have minimal experience if they remain punctual, hardworking and willing to learn. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, submit resume to Ken Chomyc.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road