Requisition ID: 100670
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the role
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Key accountabilities include design, development and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of public cloud offerings
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code (typically Go, Python).
- Ensuring software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability, security, and compliance requirements.
- Working with other engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Networking protocol expertise including F5, Firewall, Routing and DNS.
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Strong development experience, delivery history and breadth of language experience (Go, Python).
- Expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities (Google GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Familiarity with container-based virtualization technology such as Docker
- Expertise and understanding of Cloud Native Platforms, particularly Kubernetes, and associated technologies (e.g., Istio, Envoy, Anthos, Kustomize).
- Knowledge of different database technologies (e.g. CloudSQL, NoSQL, Relational databases)
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle and release process (container-native workflow for job orchestration, Git/GitOps, CI/CD, environments, code repositories).
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and Scripting Languages (e.g. Ansible, Bash, Groovy)
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and/or security considerations
What's in it for you?
An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to viable solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 21 million customers globally
Tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
Learning and development – free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.