QMC Sales, Mechanical Specialist– Port Coquitlam, BC
QMC Metering Solutions is a leading utility sub-metering systems supplier and integrator. We provide intelligent meter systems, service and web-based monitoring to the commercial, institutional and multi-residential market. Our systems are used for the allocation of utility costs and, to facilitate energy management programs and sustainability initiatives.
Vancouver-based with offices across Canada, QMC helps building owners and occupants conserve energy and save money through the sub-metering, billing and cost allocation of a building's utilities: electric, water, thermal energy and gas. The QMC Sales Specialist, is an integral member of our team who will report to the to Director of Business Development.
The responsibilities will include:
- Daily interaction with a diverse customer base, providing technical guidance, quotations and order coordination
- Evaluate customer needs, budget, and preferences to determine best-fit solution from our product portfolio. Products include valves, actuators, switches, instruments, gauges, and transmitters
- Provide reactive and proactive updates to customers on order status, changes, and delays
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with customers, internal partners and suppliers
- Engage in proactive and regular follow-up with customers to maximize sales success
- Maintain accurate, organized, and up-to-date records
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales Coordinators, Application Specialists, Account Managers, shop personnel and other internal partners to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Assist the team in achieving sales quotas and targets
- Provide superior customer support and ensure all client requests are professionally handled in a timely manner
Skills and Experience
- University degree/post secondary in mechanical engineering or Dip Tech.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Experience working with the following built environments:
- Residential (Multi-Residential Towns and Condos)
- Commercial Retail
- Commercial Office
- Experience with:
- HVAC - RTUs, MUAs, AHUs, VFDs, VAVs, Hydronic Boiler Systems, Chilled Water Systems, Humidification, etc.
- Plumbing - Complete Plumbing Designs for domestic hot water systems
- Universities, etc
- 1-2 years property management experience would be considered an asset. Or sales experience to the property management, facilities management or developer markets.
- Capability to analyze energy data to identify anomalies and discrepancies
- Personable with the ability to interact with a diverse range of personality types and customers (property managers, ops managers, engineers, energy managers, contractors, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing tasks with a varying degree of complexity.
- Resourceful with the capacity to solve problems when all information is not easily accessible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be fluent in English
- Highly skilled in a Windows Office environment, knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, a must
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software an asset
QMC would like to thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information about our Company visit us at www.qmeters.com
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC, Mechanical: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Required)