Applus+ is a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering and manpower services to the aerospace, power and oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to join our team in Fort McMurray. The operations coordinator plans, organizes, directs, reviews, and evaluates and performs day-to-day, (and assists during Outage periods) dispatch operations and activities. The Operations Coordinator follows business unit policies and procedures to ensure the department is in compliance with customer site rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate will be local to Fort McMurray and will have previous experience at Suncor.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements as well as some travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives incoming calls from internal and external customers.
- Plans, assigns, directs\coordinates, reviews, and documents the work of NDE and technical personnel from clients.
- Plans, assigns, directs\coordinates the mobilization and demobilization of technical personnel to\from the individual job(s) and region.
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates the required orientation(s) (both internal & external) of the technical personnel.
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates the equipment, (via the equipment maintenance technician) required by the technical personnel to complete their tasks.
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates the employee onboarding process in conjunction with HSE, Payroll and HR.
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates the activities of technical staff during non- chargeable time.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of dispatch goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Develops, maintains and monitors NDE personnel scheduling, forecasting and utilization rate on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis in conjunction with the project managers.
- Monitors and evaluates service quality to ensure compliance with both, BUA and customer standards including but not limited to investigation of complaints with recommendations for corrective action in consultation with management.
- Acts as a liaison with & between technical staff, management and clients to ensure continuity of excellent customer service in parallel with satisfaction of company procedures & policies.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus
- Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues and finding a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a Coordinator or Dispatcher in an NDE company or comparable setting is strongly recommended.
- Strong industry knowledge of NDE is an asset.
- Training in Business Administration or a similar field is an asset.
- Equivalent industry experience combined with other formal training and accreditations may be accepted.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work inside an office environment, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The work is primarily sedentary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Work outside of normal business hours will be occasionally required.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coordinator or Dispatcher: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)