Stoney Ridge Estate Winery is expanding our retail team! We are seeking sales associates for our winery retail store and cheese shop. The ideal candidate would be an outgoing and friendly individual who enjoys wine and interacting with the public. Our ideal candidate is also a professional customer service provider, adept at problem solving and a team player. Other qualifications include confidence when speaking in front of a group and the ability to lead educational wine tastings. The best candidate will have a solid understanding of service standards, enjoy working in a team environment and demonstrate a willingness to pitch in for whatever task is required. A flexible schedule and the availability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, evenings, and holidays is required.
This is a part-time role, but full-time hours will be available during peak season summer months if candidates are interested in taking on additional shifts.
- Welcoming guests and consistently providing an exceptional experience that is educational and fun
- Outgoing personality, engaging and positive attitude
- Being pro-active in wine tasting, sales and using a P.O.S. system
- Being comfortable in public speaking and leading tastings for small to larger groups
- Representing and promoting Stoney Ridge Estate Winery’s portfolio in a professional and confident manner
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and presentation of the wine shop with duties such as, but are not limited to, stocking shelves, washing dishes, cleaning floors and bathrooms etc.
- Working in our on-site artisan cheese shop providing samples, speaking about cheeses, cutting and packaging cheeses for customers
- Duties may also include packing and shipping orders, off-site tastings and on-site events such as our Firepit Friday event during the summer months
- Adhering to the retail policies and procedures presented
- Passionate about the wine industry and/or willingness to learn about the industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking successfully
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated skills of tact and diplomacy when dealing with a diverse group of wine enthusiasts and visitors
- Possess a team player mentality and a drive to succeed as part of a vibrant, hard-working team
- Physically fit to meet the position’s requirements of standing for long periods, lifting up to 40 lbs and comfortable with working indoors and outdoors.
- Availability to work days, some nights, weekends and holidays
- Effectively and efficiently be able to ring through cash, debit and credit transactions through the P.O.S. machine
- Ability to work in the cheese shop, food handler's certificate would be considered an asset
- Smart Serve certification required
- Own mode of transportation
- Previous sales experience
- Wine and/or hospitality industry preferred
- High school or equivalent required
- WSET courses, wine and/or hospitality courses considered an asset, but not required
** While we thank each individual for applying, please note only suitable candidates for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)