“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to fill this full time position in our Customs Brokerage Department. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to grow, learn and work hard. Our office is growing and we are looking for a person who enjoys a fast-paced, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Maintain and develop a positive relationship with assigned accounts through pro-active communication and providing timely and accurate information. Compile and prepare commercial regulatory document(s) for entry processing. Help create Customs forms and obtain Customs release of shipments.
Coordinate and confirm release and delivery of all cargo while updating appropriate event codes.
- Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
- Pre-entry requirements, Review documents and prioritize, Create customs entry (LVS / HVS)
- Ensure customer profiles are updated and current for assigned accounts
- Support the operations where needed, and other responsibilities assigned
Experience and Expectations:
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Windows, e-mail and various PC based software
- Willingness to learn and develop the Industry skills we are willing to share with the right people
- Professionalism and Formality
- Sense of Urgency, Attention to Detail, and Integrity
- A candidate that understands our business and continuously works to meet and exceed our customers' expectations.
A bachelor’s degree or college Diploma with Customs / logistics is preferred; however, equivalent professional work experience with customer service focus will be considered.
Expeditors offers competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training and Education Program