Emmetros designs and develops software for people affected by cognitive impairments, including those living with them, their families, and the professional care providers and organizations who support them every day.
Our unique person-centred software platform and suite of products enable everyone across a circle of care to participate in the care process, including the person with the cognitive impairment for as long as they want to. This commitment to 'the person' has helped to differentiate us within the health tech market. Learn more about us at www.emmetros.com.
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Web Developer to help us take our product to the next level.
Emmetros features a highly experienced, welcoming, and supportive team that will challenge you to do your best work. If building meaningful eHealth products that solve real problems sounds inspiring, we'd love to hear from you. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, flexible working arrangements, and unlimited vacation (minimum 4 weeks).
- Build and maintain customer-facing features for the MemorySparx Connect platform
- Work closely with the UX team, front-end developers, and QA analysts to support immediate product needs, while ensuring that long-term system implications are also considered
- Research and prototype new frameworks, coding techniques, and hosting options
- Optimize API and database performance to handle production loads and future scaling
- Write unit tests and perform peer code reviews
- Contribute to cross-team feature design reviews. Everyone’s input is celebrated.
- Teach us what you’ve mastered in your career and learn from us too
Our stack is brand new, no legacy:
- Angular 7+ (Single Page/Progressive Web App Architecture)
- Material, Responsive HTML5, CSS3/SCSS
- Node.js, Socket.io (RESTful APIs, JSON, OAuth 2.0, etc)
- Jasmine, Mocha
- JIRA, Bitbucket (Git), CI/CD Pipelines
- 3+ years of relevant cloud/web development experience
- Experience building modern, responsive web UI that works consistently across multiple platforms (Desktop, iOS, Android)
- Strong background in modern, cloud hosted, server development (RESTful APIs, NoSQL databases, OAuth 2.0 security, WebSockets, IoC, etc)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Have worked on several enterprise level projects; ideally, this includes projects within the eHealth space where data security and privacy are critical or comparable SaaS products
- Able to solve technical issues proactively and independently
- Can communicate effectively in a collaborative cross-functional team
- Innately curious, a natural problem solver
Job Type: Full-time
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (Required)