Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Quality Assurance Assistant
Location: Rupertsland Institute Head Office,Edmonton, AB (Remote work during COVID-19)
Closing Date: August 18, 2020
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
For more information about RLI and it’s services and programs, visit us at www.rupertsland.org
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Quality Assurance Assistant. The Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Quality Assurance Assistant is responsible for ensuring PSE applications and files meet the established standards set by RLI. Duties include but are not limited to creating digital and hardcopy files, creating amendments to files as needed, and maintaining quality assurance and control of all student files approved by the PSE Online Director.
The PSE Quality Assurance Assistant creates new digital and hardcopy student files, reviews student files for accuracy, completeness, and enters the information into the Financial Database Management (FDM). The PSE Quality Assurance Assistant will ensure the file is ready for Director of Online Services reviewal. This position is required to perform quality assurance to all student files to ensure they adhere to RLI policies and standards, and report findings to the Director. Other duties include record management, following up with PSE frontline staff and accounts payable, creating financial files, and providing administrative and operational support to all areas of PSE program delivery.
- Reviews student contracts and ensures all information is complete and correct.
- Assists managers in preparing corresponding amendments for student contracts as required, and ensure data is correct and matches FDM. Provides assistance by entering new student information such as: income support, tuition, books, fees, reimbursement payments, refunds, and attendance records into FDM.
- Reviews education funding requests for quality assurance.
- Track and maintain paper trail of all applications and amendments.
- Assists the Assistant Manager to prepare and email copies of all training approval documents to the Training institutions, PSE Advisors, and the Manager of Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Services.
- Processes institution invoices sent to the PSE email account.
- Creates and maintains student and project files. Ensure contracts, amendments, receipts, cheques, and other supporting documentation is in the hardcopy file.
- Purges and/or archives student files as per PSE procedures.
- Previews uploaded data and reviews for errors and data integrity.
- Recommends changes to the FDM templates to ensure the software is working to meet the needs of data users.
- Responsible for taking minutes of Manager meetings, ensuring all action items and decisions are recorded correctly.
- When back in the Office, assists when needed in other areas i.e. answering phones, assisting visitors, etc. Provide regional assistance when the manager is absent.
- Set up institution contacts in main office printer.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with managers and colleagues.
- Creates up-to-date files of all PSE forms and manuals.
- Assists to create FDM training sessions for new users at Head Office and regional offices.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong mathematic aptitude or financial training.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize when faced with conflicting tasks or distractions.
- Excellent data entry skills with a proven track record of producing high quality work with no/minimal errors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Excellent verbal, written, and active-listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Office/Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or three years of related experience.
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
To apply,please send your resume and cover letter no later than August 18, 2020, quoting competition no. PSE-QAA.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19