Pacific Yacht Systems Inc. (PYS) is a marine electronics and electrical systems specialist based in Vancouver, B.C. We provide services to yachts throughout the Lower Mainland and other areas of coastal British Columbia. For more information see our website, http://www.pysystems.ca.
PYS is currently seeking a Service Manager. This is a full-time position; we are looking for someone to join our team and grow with us on a long-term basis. It is a key role in our organization, and previous related experience is a requirement. Annual compensation will be between $75,000 and $100,000 based on qualifications.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in a service management position (preferably in a small-company setting). He/she will also have experience working in a marine environment, ideally on pleasure craft, and ideally with marine electrical and electronic systems.
The job requires top notch work ethic, time management, attention to detail, and someone who can drive areas of responsibility with minimal supervision. In summary:
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated experience in service management
- Minimum of 3-5 years marine experience – ideally with electrical & electronics systems
- Demonstrated broad experience with the duties outlined below
- Ability to communicate extremely well, both orally and in writing
- Experience with standard office programs, such as Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Experience with staff supervision and recruiting is a definite asset
- Enthusiasm for pleasure boating is a definite asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is a definite asset
Also, please note that we are a "dog friendly" office. The successful applicant must be comfortable in this environment and not suffer from pet allergies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Job Preparation & Scheduling
- Manage job prep (scope of work, parts sourcing, …)
- Schedule jobs (client availability, boat access, dispatch technicians, …)
- Manage forward planning (priorities, resources, calendar mapping, …)
Job Performance & Closure
- Coordinate with clients, set expectations, provide updates
- Support technicians in the field
- Manage scope changes, ensure all technical issues are addressed
- Ensure jobs are completed to PYS standards
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Source all required parts for jobs
- Manage inventory levels in warehouse and vans
- Maintain relationships with resellers & wholesalers
- Control costs. Manage returns, credits, rebates, ...
- Manage and track Work Order Queue in Dynamics CRM
- Ensure all consumed parts & components are tracked for invoicing
- Ensure all technician timesheets are submitted on a daily basis
- Support clients on the phone, book service calls
- Ensure fleet of vans is maintained
- Maintain and improve upon all established PYS Service procedures
- Manage Service Coordinator - day-to-day workload & performance
- Manage performance of PYS technicians, ensuring compliance to PYS standards & best practices
- Perform ongoing recruitment effort to find qualified Marine Technicians
Please send a resume that details your applicable skills and experience, and a cover letter that tells us why you’d like to work here, and why you’d be the ideal candidate for the role. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. References will be requested of short list candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- marine industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- service management: 5 years (Preferred)