Talitha House is a licensed 8-bed open custody and open detention facility in Ottawa for young women 12-17 years old. The facility is situated close to the picturesque Ottawa River, and the staff team strives to create an environment where young women feel safe and valued. Our team provide evidence-based, gender-specific, trauma-competent care, and support young women in a holistic manner.
Our Philosophy of Care:
To provide residents with opportunities to live successfully and safely in a structured environment, based on a Strength Based Philosophy, where resident’s safety and human needs are addressed using the Individual Program Plan. In addition, to provide supervision for a specified work unit applying a given set of policies and procedures as delegated to manage the day to day operations.
Core skills that are required:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Sciences, Social and Community Service, Correctional Workers, or two years equivalent experience.
- Valid class G driver’s Licence
- First Aid/CPR
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and comprehension)
- Report writing and file maintenance.
- Analytical ability and effective problem solving skills in assessing client needs, family
- and peer dynamics.
- Crisis Intervention abilities (ingenuity and resourcefulness in developing alternative
- strategies to meet individualized programming. (Health, safety and security).
- Respond to any recommendations following case plan by Prime worker and supervisors regarding direction of reintegration/discharge for client
- Must demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
- Model social skills.
- Ability to advocate for clients.
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of YCJA, MCYS, and Agency's policies and
- Must demonstrate initiative to work as part of a team to ensure effective delivery of services to clients
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.05 to $19.93 /hour
- Crisis management: 2 years (Preferred)