The main and routine tasks of the Data Storage and Backup Administrator are to:
- Manage/upkeep of ubisoft’s enterprise scale Block and Object storage environments
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backups environments through proactive capacity planning, performance monitoring and configuration tuning;
- Analyze and report on system performance;
- Automation/optimizations of data storage and backup systems;
- Implement backup and data storage security policies and procedures;
- Install, maintain and upgrade backup & data storage hardware and software;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operating and troubleshooting procedures, and service records relating to backup & data storage hardware and software;
- Troubleshoot and resolve backup failures, errors, problems and perform root cause analysis;
- Engage with HW and software vendors and other internal teams to diagnose and resolve root cause failures;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Provide training to the users of data storage;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
3+ years of experience in Data Storage systems administration in a large organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment - multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Good knowledge of SAN, NAS, DAS
- Good Knowledge of OpenStack Object storage
- Good Knowledge of Enterprise backup solutions
- Good knowledge of Linux (or similar)
- General Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers
- General knowledge of Networks
- Knowledge of the video game industry is a benifit