CS-1 Transportation is a leading 3PL Freight Broker. We are the solution provider to customers needing to move freight domestically within Canada, USA and cross border. We have been named in The Growth 500 - 4 years in a row. We are looking to add to our dispatch team
Main Purpose of Job:
To enter orders into the TMS system, find trucks for customer orders, negotiate with carriers/customers to move freight in the most efficient way possible while meeting the expectation of our customers. Trace and track loads on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field and direct all incoming phone calls as required
- Respond to all e-mails in a timely fashion including customer e-mails for pickups, rates and availability and updates (when shipping day of)
- Direct any e-mail / phone calls / faxes or PDF files to the correct department or person
- Responsible for order entry, using a check list for accuracy. This includes pick up/delivery addresses, contacts at each location, PO/SO/Reference #s, using our checklist to be thorough and precise.
- Carrier search and rate negotiation (accessing TMS History as leverage)
- Dispatching contracts to carriers, with all/any special instructions, once rate has been agreed upon
- Confirming customs broker information and entering into TMS
- Saving all documents (BOLS/Customs docs/Packing lists) to the server
- Saving all emails with spot quotes to the server
- · Setting up correct e-mails for all customer and carrier for updates and tracking
- Ensuring Carriers have insurance, and an acceptable safety rating before securing
- Resolving any issues regarding any order with the carrier brought to dispatch by Customer Service. This may include any accessorial, carrier delays or service problems that are more than just minor and CS cannot resolve quickly.
- Finalizing any accessorial charges brought to your attention by customer service with the carrier and the customer
Additionally, you will be crossed trained how to work in customer service, especially on weekends:
- To handle all aspects of the company’s operations from phone calls to dealing with carriers
- To track and trace current loads
- Inform the customer the whereabouts of their freight via email, or phone
- Collect POD from carriers within a reasonable amount of time
- Add carrier packets and update profiles
- Update shippers and consignee profiles
- To assist in saving documentation, customs docs and facilitating the docs to carriers
Acceptable typing skills, multi-tasking skills, able to prioritize effectively, proficient with Microsoft office, able to adapt to new software, excellent communication skills, excellent problem solving skills, resourceful, takes pride in the job.
Transplus or Fleet Manager experience is a plus
Working indoors, office environment.
Long hours of sitting down at a desk
Vision and Hearing Requirements
Long hours of computer screen concentration, listening to phone calls, colleagues, etc.
Able to make quick decisions, interpret data and problem solve.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- 3PL: 3 years (preferred)
- Non Asset 3-PL Dispatch: 1 year (preferred)