Are you looking for a career which allows you to have a positive impact on people’s lives each day? Creative Therapy Consultants is committed to improving the quality of life for each client we serve.
We are currently seeking a Rehabilitation Assistant for the Revelstoke Area. Part-time contract work with variable hours, starting at 6 hours per week, with the potential for more hours.
We value work-life balance and we believe in the personal and professional development for each of our team members. We support ongoing education, encourage service provision innovation and believe that every member of our team is a vital part of our organization's success.
Work under the direction of a private Occupational Therapist.
Successful candidate requirements:
- Criminal records check, valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle (with a minimum 2 million liability on insurance), personal liability insurance and a windows-based computer.
Rate: Hourly rate dependent upon experience; starting at $26.00 per hour.
- Functional assessments, development of in-home/gym exercise and stretching protocols, post-concussion management
- Travel required (in winter as well) up to 2 hours outside of Revelstoke
- Need to be comfortable occasionally transporting clients to and from the gym/office as case necessitates
Key Responsibilities: Key aspects of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates competency to perform a comprehensive assessment, referral and evaluation of patient care across the continuum of health care services for patients with chronic disease and/or complex health conditions
- Provides limited functional assessments, to establish physical tolerance's
- Collaborates with the patient and/or caregiver to identify and choose the treatment or care options, patient health goals, and appropriate health targets
- Identifies the patient's primary issues of concern in self-care, productive and leisure activities via the COPM (Canadian Occupational Performance Measure)
- Assists with a gradual return to work plans
- Recognizes determinants of health affecting patients and supports health protection interventions that promote healthy environments
- Maintains standards of care and addresses quality improvement and risk management issues by using best practice processes
- Knowledge of proper lifts: Mediman, Medimaid, Floor-to-ceiling
- Knowledge of different types of slings, proper transfers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Ability to design, create and implement programs of service design
- Computer skills are required in addition to good written and oral communication
- Knowledge of exercise software
- Experience in a clinic an asset
- 2 years experience
- Therapist Assistant Diploma or Rehabilitation Assistants Diploma (or equivalent experience of long-term care (RA or KIN)
Expected start date: 2020-07-30
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $26.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19