About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. Our vision is to re-imagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 90,000 as of December 31, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL! JLL is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Material Handling Technician III to provide reliable, timely, efficient support to a brokerage team at our Brampton location. The position entails working with a diverse group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and the individual will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment. This role provides a wide variety of support services to the brokerage team and the successful candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and a team player attitude.
Material Handling Technician III
The Material Handling Tech III will have the ability to lead other service technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines. Develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install, remove, rebuild, maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical
- Develop training plans for service technicians
- Develop and execute Preventive Maintenance programs
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Automated conveyors systems and controls/Allen Bradley a must
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial Electronics
- PLC programs
- Industrial PC literacy
- Knowledge of N.E.C.
What you can expect from us:
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact Careers.Canada@am.jll.com for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.