Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the FP&A Group (Operations Finance area), this key member of the Finance team, Manager, Corporate Operations Finance - Cost Accounting (“Manager”) will oversee the corporate operations finance / cost accounting functions within Canopy Growth and maintain close relationships with the Operations Finance Team, Accounting, and IT teams as we continue to evolve the business.
Through close partnerships with key stakeholders, the Manager will be the process owner of the month end close process and inventory valuation activities, along with key operational reporting metrics (along with our FP&A team). The Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting along with aiding in the development and reporting of operational financial close metrics. The Manager will possess a strong understanding of the company’s internal controls and policies, while driving best practices throughout the finance organization.
- Lead the month end close process for operations finance / cost accounting
- Prepare and/or review actual / standard costing activities along with inventory valuations
- Liaison with the global operations finance function, including cost accounting, to develop/implement best in class processes
- Collaborate and provide finance support for key stakeholders throughout the business including FP&A, Operations, Accounting, IT
- Key role with ERP project and other systems implementations
- Work closely with management team on key projects such as SOX compliance, IFRS and GAAP conversions, monthly close improvement project, and others
- Oversee the maintenance of an operations departmental costing model used for:
- Budget variance review
- Inventory and biological asset valuations,
- Monthly spend analysis and close processing
- Oversee the development and maintenance of standard costing allocations and application rates (approve), as well as maintenance costing records
- Lead the operations month-end and year-end closing, including review of inventory adjustments, departmental allocations, and associated audit support
- Support operations/inventory control with the quarterly physical inventory counts
- Support operations finance team with the preparation of production facility annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- Identify and recommend to senior management cost-effective solutions
- Participate in other high-profile, strategic projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business or equivalent required;
- CPA/CMA certification or equivalent strongly preferred;
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience; both in cost accounting and management
- Demonstrated strong understanding of IFRS and US GAAP for purposes of inventory valuation and reporting
- Cannabis industry knowledge preferred, (or agriculture / manufacturing – processing)
- Proficiency in Excel required; experience with Sage general ledger system, NetSuite general ledger system a plus
- Possible occasional travel required.
- Very strong analytical skills, research skills, and business acumen – ability to rapidly come up to speed on new issues and identify the critical questions to be addressed;
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence all levels in the organization including a broad base of finance and business partners;
- Comfort working through ambiguity and in a rapidly changing environment;
- Initiative and results oriented;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strategic thinking;
- Ability to build productive relationships; and
- Proficiency in planning, prioritization and project management.
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.