A true leader aims to inspire - and at Keewatin Air, that’s exactly what our Nurse Managers do. With a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities, and professionalism the Nurse Manager devotes every ounce of their hearts to all that they do here. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Keewatin, and it’s one of the many reasons why we are the leading medevac company in Northern Canada. So if you’re interested in leading an exceptional team we invite you to bring your talents to Keewatin Air.
Job Title: Nurse Manager
Work Site: Winnipeg, Churchill, Rankin Inlet, Iqaluit
Status: Regular FT/PT
With bases in Winnipeg, Churchill, Rankin Inlet and Iqaluit we provide the very best air medical and ground support flight services in Northern Canada. We are one of the most comprehensive aeromedical organizations in Canada, providing extensive 24-hour emergency air ambulance service. Our all-inclusive Air Medical Program is delivered by a dedicated team of professional Flight Nurses and Respiratory Therapists. Our team is dedicated and passionate about bringing first class health and emergency services to Canada’s beautiful and challenging Arctic region. Keewatin Air LP transports over 1,500 patients and flies over 2.3 million medevac miles annually. Whether it is transporting patients from a remote northern setting or from hospital to hospital, our trained teams of professionals ensure that every aspect of each transport receives the attention to detail required.
As the Nurse Manager you will report to the Director of Air Medical Operations and provide oversight of interdisciplinary clinical services though out all medevac bases and the flight nurse program.
This is a diverse position which will require you to assess needs and resources across the entire community and province of care. You will work with many different stakeholders to ensure the highest quality of care is being providing. You will also need to bring your understanding of and promote cultural competence as nearly 99 percent of the local population is Inuit. Recognizing the diversity of the surrounding area will greatly impact your success in this role. On any given day you will be required to wear several different hats as our bases are remote where everyone must work together across departments. This is an amazing opportunity for someone like you to make an impact on the residents of Nunavut and Manitoba.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Creating an effective workforce plan to meet operational demands and environmental resource constraints.
- Managing and balancing program budget, making knowledgeable recommendations for budget development and seeking remedies for budget variances
- Managing effective and efficient practices and processes for monitoring/measuring the use of human and material resources and the quality of care rendered within the company.
- Identifying services, service gaps, clinical and system processes to improve and or provide maximum program efficiencies.
- Working to improve and provide maximum program efficiency and system integration to promote client centered care.
- Applying effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment and supporting clarity of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards and safe delivery of services/care.
- Promoting consistency and best practice in services and models for the medevac program areas and recommending policy to promote consistency and best practice.
- Encouraging partnerships and systems that facilitate optimal population health service delivery reduce or eliminate health service inequities and promote healthy communities.
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant discipline plus (5) to (7) year’s recent, related leadership experience that includes experience in a position responsible for the provision of emergency and critical care or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Eligibility for registration with CRNM and RNANT/NU.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support. American Heart Association Instructor status is preferred.
- NRP, AcORN, STABLE, CAMATA an asset.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or data base programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care system is required for this role.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of principles of emergency and critical care evaluation and management.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to community and family health.
- Strong experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Strong understanding of available resources for service and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Exceptional ability to facilitate, collaborate and negotiate for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Strong ability to foster collaborative working relationships and support the ongoing development of staff.
- Understanding the unique motivations and actions of a small tight-knit, rural/remote community with a large Inuit population and will respect the cultural heritage and sensitivities while providing the best care.
- Ability to development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Possess a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude while balancing a willingness to get involved with knowing when to seek additional information or guidance.
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further, please do not hesitate to contact careers at keewatinair.ca.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter.
Thank you for your interest in Keewatin Air.
Job Type: Full-time