DIRECTOR, BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES
Full Time Position – 37.5 Hours/Week
For almost 50 years, Lumacare has been providing health and social services to older adults in the community. Keeping the ideologies of client and family-centred care is at the heart of everything we do. Through the effective provision of over 15 diverse programs and services, Lumacare enables and empowers our clients to be active and knowledgeable partners and age with dignity in their homes.
It is an exciting time to join the winning team at Lumacare! Lumacare, accredited with exemplary status through Accreditation Canada, is a core member of the Northwest Toronto Ontario Health Team.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced leader who will contribute to our ability to lead, disrupt, transform and grow.
What can you expect to do in this Role?
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director - Business Support Services is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and contributes to the successful achievement of operational and strategic directions, special projects and quality initiatives. As a strategic business partner, the Director is responsible for being the operational force behind Human Resources, Philanthropy, Facilities, and Information Technology. Aligning talent strategies, quality best practices, and technology infrastructure to achieve the agency’s strategic plan, this role is accountable for driving and embedding a culture of performance and quality within the Agency.
- Develop and recommend Human Resources strategies, policies and procedures.
- Provide support to management in their application and implementation of the necessary controls to ensure compliance with policies. Recommend corrective action where necessary. Research and develop policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines to ensure compliance with current employment legislation.
- In partnership with the Human Resources Generalist, oversee the successful delivery of all functional areas of Human Resources.
- Oversee the Philanthropy department to achieve Lumacare’s strategic objectives.
- In partnership with the Senior Manager, Philanthropy oversee Fund Development, Events coordination, marketing and communications.
- In collaboration with the Facilities Lead, oversee the ongoing maintenance of Lumacare's sites across Toronto (North York), and support ensuring efficient, effective resolution of building maintenance concerns through coordination with landlords, joint health and safety committee, site leads, and external vendors.
- Steer the transformation towards digital in health implementation for Lumacare
- Develop and oversee compliance to all agency I.T policies
- Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning.
- In partnership with the IT and Cybersecurity Lead, oversee the operation of server systems, client database, PSW Apps and support systems
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions to meet agency needs.
- Oversee the leadership of the Agency’s I.T. support.
- Post-secondary education, and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in leading operations/shared services in a not for profit agency, including Philanthropy, and Human Resources.
- Superior level planning and organizing skills, capable of seeing the big picture, and planning at a
- detailed level.
- A demonstrated track record of innovative and strategic thinking, able to identify community needs and design programs that add value.
- A strong, transparent and collaborative leadership style, able to add value to a high performing, high potential team.
- Able to tailor your communication style to meet the needs of a variety of audiences, and achieve the desired result.
The successful candidate will have a track record demonstrating the agency’s core competencies:
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Client Focus
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Communicates Effectively
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Quality
- Resilience and Adaptability
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, PWDs, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBTQ. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community".
- Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request*