“BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOURSELF”
The Boston Pizza Restaurant in Cornwall, ON has a requirement to fill multiple Cook positions in its Heart of the House. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand, Boston Pizza, that operates more than 380 restaurants in Canada. Annually, Boston Pizza serves more than 40 million guests, and in 2014 achieved system-wide sales that surpassed $1 billion.
Boston Pizza takes pride in its strong culture of giving back to our communities through sponsorships and the support of a number of charities including Big Brothers Big Sisters, JDRF, Kids Help Phone, Live Different and the Rick Hansen Foundation. In addition, Boston Pizza has proudly been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for 21 consecutive years.
Do you enjoy the rush of being in the kitchen? Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Cook is responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating and garnishing of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Boston Pizza recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Ensure that all products received via delivery meet Boston Pizza specification, that the invoicing is correct in respect to quantity and quality.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing great product every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- line cook: 1 year (Preferred)