PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Affordable Housing Societies – one of BC’s largest not-for-profit affordable housing providers is seeking an experienced Property Development Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, the Property Development Manager oversees the successful execution of the organization’s new affordable housing developments throughout the Lower Mainland of BC. The Property Development Manager provides the organizational oversight of developments currently in progress, plus any new developments required to meet the organization’s goal of adding 1400 new affordable rental homes by 2030. In addition, the Property Development Manager will work directly with the CEO on creating an overall development strategy and plan.
You are a positive, creative, and passionate property development professional who want your work to have lasting and meaningful impact for individuals and families through the provision of homes they can afford. You espouse the values of integrity, kindness, and compassion, and take seriously the responsibility of creating sustainable developments that ensure non-profit resources are stewarded appropriately.
Specific Duties Include:
- Undertake AHS portfolio analysis and determine which properties are priorities for redevelopment based on current condition, OCP designation, Operating Agreement status, and general opportunity.
- Source potential development sites that provide opportunity to construct new developments that are capable of delivering affordable rental homes for individuals and families.
- Work with teams of consultants, architects, building contractors and other stakeholders to take projects from concept to completion.
- Provide new project recommendations by means of presenting detailed pro formas, risk analysis, schedule, and rental affordability.
- Build relationships with Municipalities, Developers, BC Housing, CMHC, and other key stakeholders
- Prepare regular progress reports on overall project status.
- Prepare BC Housing and CMHC funding and financing applications.
- Review consultant and contractor invoices for accuracy and completeness against budget and commitments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development/financial management, scheduling, tendering, quality assurance, risk management and project team coordination
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of real estate property development and construction, and related business concepts, processes and practices
- Understanding of municipal planning; public consultation processes; design, development and delivery processes; project tendering and construction processes; and warranty, handover and operational processes related to real estate development and construction
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing and CMHC’s housing, fundinga and lending programs.
- Highly organized with the ability to coordinate planning, design development, construction, and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years proven experience in property development, successfully taking multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Undergraduate degree in business, architecture, engineering, urban land economics, or related field.
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Successful experience in applying for and being awarded BC Housing and CMHC affordable housing viability mechanisms such as grants, low cost financing, and other programs.
- Experience using Project Management software.
- Excellent computer skills including Office 365 suite.
- Top notch communication skills - both verbal and written
This position comes with a competitive salary, remote working opportunities, and excellent work-life balance perks such as every second Friday off.
If this sounds like you then send us your Resume with a Cover Letter explaining why you are the right fit for our organization.
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- property management: 3 years (Preferred)