The YMCA of Northern BC serves 20,000 people of all abilities, backgrounds, and stages of life in
Prince George and Northern British Columbia. We are a growing, multi-service association that
offers health, fitness, and recreation, licensed childcare, rehabilitation services, community
support services, and summer camp. The YMCA of Northern BC offers the opportunity to join a
strong and exuberant team in a workplace that embraces respect, honesty, caring, and
responsibility. We offer excellent opportunities for growth, competitive wages, benefits for full
time employees and complementary fitness membership.
Our child care staff are qualified caregivers who believe in the YMCA values of caring, honesty,
respect and responsibility – they genuinely like children and understand, and appreciate their
differences. YMCA child-centered programming develops imagination, encourages learning and
promotes life skills and positive values. With 150 years of experience in providing programs for
children and youth the YMCA has grown to be the largest provider of not-for-profit child care in
Canada - 55,000 children annually.
Purpose and Objective
Reporting to the Transportation Dispatcher, the Child Care Bus Driver is responsible to aid in
the transportation children from their schools to their respective centres. Successful candidates
will work with the Coordinator of Child Care Administration to implement a fun, safe
educational program for school aged children following the policies and procedures of the
YMCA and the standards mandated by the Province of British Columbia, Community Care
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Be scheduled to work ten hours a week (two hours a day, five days a week).
- Safely transport children, minimum class 4 driver’s license required
- To be available on short notice for extra coverage.
- Be willing to work on a variety of Bus Routes.
- To work collaboratively with children, parents staff and volunteers.
- Provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Integrate the YMCA Core values of Honesty, Caring, and Respect & Responsibility into daily
work and programs.
Bus Driver August 2016 Page 2 of 2
1. Communication/Interpersonal Skills – Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in
a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and
build relationships inside and outside the organization.
2. Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information,
determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates
3. Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a
priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA
4. Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and
exceed identified goals.
5. Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal
understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Ability to work within a multi-service, not-for-profit organization.
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial
backgrounds, including visible and invisible dimensions of diversity.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a clean appearance.
- Child Care First Aid.
- Three positive professional references.
- Satisfactory criminal record check and clean vulnerable sector search.
- Physical ability to do all duties required.
- 19 years of age or older(per licensing)
How to Apply
Please apply with an application form (found on our website), cover letter and resume to:
YMCA of Northern BC
PO Box 1808, 2020 Massey Drive
Prince George, BC
The YMCA of Northern BC thanks everyone for their applications, however, only those applicants selected for an
interview will be contacted.