Great Canadian is a premier Roofing and Siding company in Western Canada. For over 20 years we have built a professional and organized firm and are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Accounts Payable Clerk. to join our team.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes posting to ledgers, maintaining credit balances, and investigating account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management.
- Collaborate with the accounting manager and team to maintain payable goals and general A/P performance levels.
- Obtain and document approvals for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed authorized levels.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cheque, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Audit purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral; verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Maintain documents filing systems for effective retrieval of information.
- Run GST, WCB clearances
- Create and file T5018
- Prepare monthly GST remittance
- Create job cards and enter budgets into accounting software
- Performs other duties as required.
- Prior experience in an A/P is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and processes.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to avoid late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Proficiency with Navision accounting software, spreadsheet programs and MSOffice applications an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
This is a full-time permanent position on a 40 hour work week (8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
If interested. please respond/apply directly in response to this ad.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)