You take pride in ensuring the facilities of an organization operates effectively so that everyone who works, lives
or visits can be at their best. You will be available at multiple work sites. This position is responsible for general
and specialized maintenance duties, snow removal, grounds care and other related activities. This position
requires someone who can work flexible hours as shift work and weekend duties may be required.
- You feel invigorated working at multiple worksites ensuring cleanliness, and preventive maintenance
- Working in a fast-paced environment plus the excitement of juggling multiple priorities
- Troubleshooting and problem solving with minimal or no supervision
- A sense of order and a commitment to safety
WHAT YOU’LL DO WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- This position is physically demanding and requires
standing for extended periods of time, regularly
lifting/pushing up to 40 lbs., rotating motion,
bending and managing repetitive tasks such as:
moving office furniture, equipment, snow and ice
removal and lawn mowing.
- Ensure work order requests are completed
competently and on time.
- Ensure clean, well-functioning facilities that will
support the YW programs and services at all times.
- Undertake repairs and maintenance to building (ex.
plumbing, electrical, painting) a n d perform repairs
on company equipment, machinery and appliances.
- Work collaboratively with various contractors, and
ensure that proper repairs are being performed.
- Ensure that safety standards are met at all times.
- Communicate with other building operators through
the use of Work Management Systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a
- HVAC, etc.
- Experience with light trade work (Plumbing,
electrical, carpentry, painting, locksmith, etc)
- Solid experience with plumbing and electrical
- Valid WHMIS training certification and
valid First Aid certification
- Extremely organized with good communication
- Experience working with boilers, chillers, HVAC,
- Ability to operate snow removal, grass cutting
- Ability to work independently as well as
part of a team
If you want to work to change lives, we want to meet you.
February 5, 2020
Apply today with resume, covering letter and salary expectations to:
MAINTENANCE WORKER, FACILITIES (1.0 FTE)
WHAT MOVES YOU