Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products. Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Canadian Tire - Walker Road is looking for a hardworking, energetic and self motivated individual to fill the open position of Receptionist/ Office Helper / Backup Cashier.The successful candidate will be an organized multi-tasker who is easily adaptable in a fast paced retail environment. Ability to work under pressure while demonstrating professionalism at all times is a must. This role requires a high level of discretion and the safeguard of confidential information.
· General office duties.
· Operates cash register and all point of sale functions.
· Answers incoming telephone calls and emails.
· Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
· Audits refunds, voids, price overrides, special coupons, staff discounts, for retail and service centre.
· Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
· Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
· Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
· Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
· Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
· Strong mathematical ability and typing skills.
· Ability to work with computerized systems and with minimum supervision.
· Ability to work in a professional manner and to inspire others' confidence and trust.
· Ability to plan, organize and follow up on tasks, activities and projects.
· Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
If you feel that you are the right person for this position, please apply with your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
- Criminal Background Check.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,296.00 to $45,584.00 /year