Full Time One Year Contract
The Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch is seeking an Administrative.
The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support at the executive level to the executive director Directors team, Board of Directors, and Committees involving demanding tasks and assignments that are sensitive and may be confidential in nature. Reporting to the Director, Finance & Corporate Services, this position is customer service oriented and responsible for prioritizing numerous requests while integrating meeting outcomes into operations or strategy. With demonstrated executive reasoning and sound judgement, the Executive Assistant will supervise the reception staff at multiple sites and can be leveraged to support senior leadership and the project management office in mobilizing resources.
Key Responsibilities - Directors Team & Board Support:
- Provide administrative and office management support while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Respond to or direct internal and external inquiries in a professional and concise manner.
- Schedule and organize appointments, meetings and events, including preparation and coordination of all necessary logistics for the Directors team along with training and any overnight travel for staff acting on behalf of the agency.
- Ensure presentations, projects, funder reports, communication, and documentation are administered effectively and in accordance with any applicable deadlines.
- Proof and handle documentation varying in scope and complexity.
- Coordinate approved budget expenditures and process invoices and expense reports using SAP Concur.
- Prepare meeting agendas and supporting materials for distribution in a timely manner for the Board & Committees.
- Draft minutes of Board & Committee meetings for review by the Executive Director & delegates.
- Assist in business planning by converting meeting outcomes into tangible workplans.
Reception & Central Administration:
- Direct supervision of reception staff at multiple sites, including regular coordination of reception scheduling and relief coverage.
- Provide relief reception duties during breaks and in emergency situations when coverage cannot be coordinated, including greeting clients, suppliers, and other visitors to the organization and replying to general information requests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Lead the development of a network including program administrators and back office support to share best practices, identify improvement ideas, and standardize processes.
- Assist in identifying administrative resource capacity opportunities and gaps, considering project resource demands and seasonality to quickly mobilize resources.
- Provide second tier support for reception and program administrators, where appropriate.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrates CMHA Values and Core Competencies.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to focus on client need – anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster teamwork – work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness and inspire trust and confidence.
- Make decisions – assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, making clear decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Organization – set priorities, develops work schedules, monitor performance, and track various other forms of physical and digital information.
- Planning – determine strategies to move the organization forward by setting goals, creating and implementing action plans, and evaluating progress.
- Problem solving – assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
- Professional temperament – the ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances.
- Executive reasoning – an ability to interpret and respond to various perspectives by demonstrating sound judgement and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while ensuring discretion and confidentiality.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Office Administration, or related relevant education is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a senior administrative role.
- Strong technical skills with advanced proficiency in MS Office 365.
Annual Salary Range: 48, 609 – 60,288
Please submit resumes by 5:00pm on Friday, July 26, 2019
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups’ including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contacted by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- executive assistant: 4 years (Preferred)