Please only apply if you live in Whistler.
Work at Forged Axe Throwing
We are proud to offer year-round employment, health benefits for long term employees, advancement opportunities to management, regular staff events, and a whole lot more!
What does being an axe throwing host entail?
If you've ever worked in a restaurant as a server, host, bartender or any other position you can think of where you're creating an amazing customer experience we want to hear from you!
Maybe you've worked in hotels as a front desk, concierge, banquet staff or another position? That sounds great, please get in touch!
Have you worked with children at a kids camp, or teaching soccer, skiing, snowboarding, football, or another sport? That sounds like epic experience and you'd fit right in!
Maybe you have a huge personality and you're tired of working in construction, trades, labour, housekeeping, front desk, or delivery and you want to get a job that gives you a chance to make great tips, get lots of time on the hill, and let your personality out.... this is it!
Responsibilities and Duties
This is not your typical job! We’re a young and really dynamic business and we’re always trying new things, if you like contributing at work and are in for a bit of adventure you will have the best time at Forged.
Some days you will be hosting groups in our space and teaching groups of people how to throw axes, think of bachelor parties, corporate events, birthday parties, and also visitors to Whistler who are looking for something new.
On other days you will be assisting with building new targets, painting a new trailer, assisting with merchandising, or helping with marketing.
If you have special skills you think would help us out please let us know in your application.
Qualifications and Skills
This is what an ideal axe throwing host would look like:
- Friendly, you’ll be dealing with lots of new people every day. We need to show them a great time!
- HIGH ENERGY and FUN!You gotta love dealing with people and showing them an awesome time
- You love throwing axes (Or just the idea of it if you haven’t tried it yet)
- Strong communication skills; able to speak concisely and use humor effectively in a group setting. English is a must and other languages are a great plus!
- Strong leadership skills; display high confidence, prior guiding experience is an asset.
- Strong interest in coaching and teaching; enthusiasm for sharing new experiences with others.
- Excel in a team environment; foster a culture of respect, camaraderie and inclusiveness for ALL guests and staff.
- Strong results orientation; do what needs to be done, and take initiative to prevent problems before they occur.
- Experience working in entertainment, hospitality &/or recreation management environment is a plus.
If this sounds like you and you can’t wait to host our next party, please email your resume and briefly tell us why you think you would be a good fit.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour plus tips which are normally another $3 - $6 per hour.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care