Job Title: Processing Helper/Heavy General Labourer
Reports To: Production Management /Team Lead/Sr. Machine Operator
Overview: The Processing Helper performs unskilled labourer jobs in the processing department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Machine Operator in setting up machines for processing.
- Ensure product and ingredients are measured and dumped accurately into machines.
- Clean work areas; equipment, floor, steps, tools, etc. at change over, at end of shift or as required to maintain standards.
- Monitor the process to ensure quality standard.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies and practices including the wearing of PPE, Lockout procedures, GHS (WHMIS 2015) etc.
- Follow HACCP procedures. Complete all forms and records as set out by HACCP-TROPHY Foods Inc
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area according to company's GMP's, Sanitation procedures and frequency
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or post-secondary diploma or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use power jack is an asset.
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously
- E.g. Walking, lifting, climbing stairs/ladders (Blanching and Roasting areas only) and carrying heavy objects that weigh 13-25kg or less (50kg or less with the use of assistive devices), reaching with hands and arms
- Frequent requirement to lift heavy objects, see different colours, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel and to push and pull product while hot.
- Occasionally required to push large wheeled bins weighing 1200-1300 kg when filled with product, without the assistance of a Material Handler.
- Almost constant exposure to factors such as extreme temperatures of 30-44⁰C, humidity, airborne particles, noise level over 85dB and moisture which will cause frequent periods of discomfort.
- There is regular exposure to factors (such as height of 4-10m in Roasting and Blanching areas) which carry an extreme risk of accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses (talk, listen, look) used in co-ordination to ensure the product is prepared according to schedule.
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to carry out simple step-by-step instructions.
- Work and environment are not repetitious / unchanging.
- There is noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated. Speak with a supervisor if the work or the environment is causing mental stress.
Trophy Foods has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)