Reporting to the Deirdre Yuzwa ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/deirdre-yuzwa-ca-0ab65a39 ), Senior Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be results oriented and driven. As part of our corporate financial reporting team, you will be responsible for the accounting and consolidation for the corporate division, including assisting in the preparation of the quarterly consolidated financial statements. You will also play a key role in the collection and analysis of internal and operational reporting metrics and will be part of a professional, dynamic and engaged team within our corporate structure.
Your Key Deliverables
- Assist in the preparation of the corporate consolidation on a monthly and quarterly basis, including translation of the Company's foreign operations.
- Ensure that corporate journal entries are prepared and reviewed and are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, while ensuring the company is in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Involvement in research and preparation of technical accounting memos relating to the Company's accounting policies.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of the company's monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting information.
- Prepare, consolidate and analyze monthly and quarter-end financial and operational information for senior management and our Board of Directors.
- Prepare internal and operational management reports and presentations.
- Assist in analysis of supplementary financial information.
- Assist in the accurate and timely preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual reporting to its parent company.
- Prepare and review quarterly financial packages required for public disclosure requirements.
- Assist in preparing information for capital markets and special projects.
- Assist in responding to auditor inquiries.
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring of the Company's compliance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Develop junior accounting staff through training, mentoring, decision making and monitoring.
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA) or recent successful CFE writer.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an accounting department of a public corporation or public practice. An equivalent mix of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Practical experience and understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS and other regulatory requirements with ability to apply to internal and external reports.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with operational accounting systems and reports .
- Experience with advanced accounting concepts such as foreign exchange translation, deferred taxes, financial instruments, equity method of accounting, variable interest entities and consolidations.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- RRSP matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world's most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our development group draws on its unparalleled design, entitlement and construction expertise to envision and deliver best-in-class, iconic assets and destinations. The team's multidisciplinary skill sets from across our sectors capitalize on the unique opportunities that exist in the market today.