Do you enjoy outdoor adventure? How about meeting like-minded individuals who share a passion for mountain culture? Does a free season pass sound like a good perk to you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies is the place you want to work.
We are looking to fill the position of Assistant Hotel Front Desk Manager at Fernie Alpine Resort, to assist in managing daily operations at our hotel's front desk. As an Assistant Front Desk Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations at the front desk, ensuring guests have a positive experience and handling any issues that arise. Come join our team and enjoy perks such as discounts on lodging and lessons, endless ski/snowboard privileges, employee events, food and beverage discounts, and much much more!
- Ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Ensuring all guest needs are met in a timely and professional manner
- Assist in overseeing the front desk staff, ensuring they are properly trained and providing exceptional customer service
Monitor and sustain Standard Operating Procedures of the Front Desk at two hotels
Ensure all guest inquiries and requests are handled in a professional and efficient manner, including reservations, check-ins, check-outs, and any other guest needs or concerns
Respond to guest complaints and resolve any issues in a timely and professional manner
Manage room assignments and monitor room availability to ensure maximum occupancy and revenue generation
Collaborate with other departments within the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction, including housekeeping, maintenance, and food and beverage
Supervise scheduling in accordance with employment policies
- Complete payroll processes in an accurate and timely manner
Know and abide by RCR policies, Employee Handbook guidelines and Safety Management Program
To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Front Office experience with proven experience in maintaining superior standards
- Experience in positively leading a team
- Proficient in English both verbally and written
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Flexible working hours – (Weekends, Evenings, and Night Audit Shifts)
This is a year-round permanent role offering full time hours and benefits.
Whether it’s the mountain culture, historic downtown Fernie, or just a love for skiing or boarding, Fernie Alpine Resort is the place to be. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest in Resorts of the Canadian Rockies; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in the position, please apply online with your resume and cover letter. Experience the Ultimate.