- Project management responsibilities extend from the design concept stage, through production implementation, all engineering changes, and throughout the service life.
- Coordinate new program management to ensure prototype and production tools, processes and parts meet the target cost, quality and timing constraints.
- Financially responsible for the entire program; ensuring program is to budget, constantly striving to maintain/improve margins.
- Preparing accurate quotations for piece cost and tooling, both prototype and production, for assigned new programs in accordance with the Business Operating Systems Manual.
- Responsible for coordinating and administering all components of the Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) process for assigned programs.
- Responsible for coordinating company efforts to ensure on time sample submissions.
- Create and update Statement of Requirements for the program and suppliers.
- Coordinate the development of CSI Routing/Bill of Materials, and any subsequent changes.
- Provide program management support to all in house departments for all assigned programs throughout the program life.
- Responsible for fulfilling all of the Project Manager’s responsibilities identified in procedure 6B of the Business Operating Systems manual (Project Management and Advanced Quality Planning) for assigned programs.
- Deal directly with customers and suppliers on product launch concerns, investigate and report on findings and recommend corrective actions for concern resolution.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, EI Suggestion program., Innovation, VA/VE and assist in its ongoing implementation.
- Report for any non-conformance in parts, processes or procedures to the Senior Program Manager.
- SOR for the Program, suppliers.
- Timing, action tracker, phase deliverables.
- Customer Portal access (specs, timelines, etc.)
- BOM into MRP.
- Prototype Build Champion (if parts are made in house, then ME will be relied upon).
- Financially Responsible
- Perform employee safety observations.
- Comply with Sections 25 & 26 of the OHSA.
- Perform regular workplace inspections.
- Conduct regular safety talks.
- Be involved with accident/incident investigation.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Commend or correct health and safety performance.
- Conducting performance appraisals for Worker’s Safety performance.
- Train new employee of Job Hazard Specifics.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, safe manner. Wear all personal protective equipment as required by plant regulations.
- Comply with Rollstamp IATF 16949 policies and procedures.
- Comply with Rollstamp ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Rollstamp Health and Safety regulations.
- Adheres to all safety rules and any other requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook and other Company rules and procedures.
- Adheres to all applicable Business Operation System Procedures.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
- 5 years minimum automotive Engineering/Project Management/technical experience.
- Understanding of Core Tools (eg. SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA) in order to conduct internal audits as related to job description.
- Experience in Roll-forming, Stamping, Injection Moulding, Paint is an asset.
- Ability to read engineering drawings including GD&T.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with customers’ business procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge in SPC and CAD.
- Must have proper documentation to travel internationally.
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Good time/priority management combined with project organization skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Engineering/Project Management/Technical: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)