With the increased measures that we must take to keep everyone safe, we are recruiting for some temporary casual positions to help around our facilities during the pandemic period. This position is a temporary position created solely in respond to COVID-19 world pandemic situation in 2020.
1. Provide support in various area within the facility which may include but is not limited to:
a. Frequent cleaning and sanitation of furniture and equipment
b. Laundry helper; folding, sorting of linens etc.
c. Distribution of supplies onto work units
d. Assisting as directed with resident care such as feeding, portering etc
e. Clerical duties such as answering phones, scheduling and support visitations including virtual and/or window visitations
f. Performs other duties as assigned (training will be provided).
2. Simple maintenance of equipment, tools in clean, orderly & good operating condition.
3. Participates in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following Health and Safety rules, regulations and practices such as fire, emergency response training, WHMIS, data security and infection control.
4. Maintains good communication and interpersonal relationships with multidisciplinary teams
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL SUCCEED
1. Minimum grade 10 education is required.
2. Ability to comprehend and carry out written and verbal instructions.
3. Some experience in long term care/supportive living settings is preferred.