CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping to drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team of passionate designers, architects and engineers in leading design and technical innovation across our Insurance Industry Practices. We are looking for a talented and product-focused UI/UX architect or Sr. designer who will execute interaction and interface design as part of a cross-functional agile team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Provide thought leadership to infuse a culture of design thinking behind design decisions.
- Work closely with product owners, business partners, developers, and data architects to understand business and functional requirements, as well as technical considerations
- Own the process of the creation of consistent experiences across products and platforms through user-centered design processes, including competitor analysis, heuristic evaluations, personas, sitemaps, process flows, wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes
- Conduct and/or coordinate design walkthroughs, feedback sessions and usability testing to validate proposed design solutions with stakeholders and end users
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure the design quality is maintained down stream.
- Be able to educate and articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and design decisions
- Lead the ideation and experience design of complex applications for web and mobile.
o Create use cases to identify user roles and user objectives. (identify to see if it can be outsourced to the banking group)
o Present and review designs with developers, product managers, and key stakeholders.
o Analyze data and content to architect website sitemaps and application screen flows.
o Conceptualize the layout of intuitive user interfaces in the form of wireframe mock-ups.
o Present and justify proposed mock-up solutions internally and to clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What we're looking for:
- Ensure consistency across digital experiences and contribute in growing our library of components, interaction models and style guide
- Maintain familiarity with the capabilities of various programming technologies (vb.net, C#, HTML/CSS, etc.) and their impact on development efforts, user interface possibilities, data accessibility, and compatibility across multiple versions of the same platform (web browsers, mobile OS, etc.)
- Strong empathy towards all stakeholders including consumers, development team, product managers, and data science team
- Strong understanding of user-centered design practices with a desire to understand the end user
- Experience in UX research, cognitive psychology
- Solid understanding of front-end development and are comfortable talking to developers about the details of style sheets and CSS implementation.
- Previous experience as an UI developer
- Proven experience bringing digital products to life
- Demonstrated experience in interactive wireframing and prototyping, fully versed in visual communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in UX writing, with the ability to craft words that invokes the "feeling" of identified persona
- Ego-less and objective attitude where you enjoy an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback, and challenging conventional wisdom
- Superb collaboration skills
- Passion for emerging technologies and desire to innovate
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a diversity of experience that encompasses UX expertise, interaction design, creativity and critical thinking
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and quickly iterating your way to a well, thought-out solution
- Able to adapt approach and process to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- The ideal candidate would have been a design developer. Familiarity with .net frame work is a plus
- Full stack development experience is a huge plus
What you can expect from us:
- Software Architecture
- UI Funct. Design & Proto./CU
- UX requirements
- UX Strategy
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.