An individual in this position will be expected to perform the following cleaning duties and work assignments as per location operating procedures, work instructions and/or client specification(s). This position reports to the Site Manager or designate.
Location: 1235 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3M 0B2
AVAILABILITY: Part time weekends days, evening and Overnights
- Wash high surfaces such as walls, ceilings, ceiling ducts, air vents, ceiling fixtures, floors, office furniture, partitions, partition glass, windows, doors, fixtures, elevators, stairwells, that may require use of platforms and ladders.
- Dry mop, wet mop (wash) and polish hard surface floors. The scrubbing of floors will sometimes be done using automatic scrubbing machines and the polishing will be done with handheld or walk-behind buffing machines.
- Vacuum, spot clean, shampoo, brush, extract, chairs, cloth furniture, partitions, carpet surfaces.
- Vacuum large open areas where larger heavy duty vacuums are required.
- Transport, empty, large garbage bins, recycle bins, wood pallets from designated area to compactor or open bin.
- Operate buffer, burnisher and auto scrubber and/or other equipment as required.
- Transport garbage from designated areas to garbage bins or compactor. In some cases, the heavy duty cleaner will operate the compactor.
- Clean substantial glass areas and those glass areas which cannot be reached from floor level.
- Operates machinery such as pressure washers and ride-on sweepers and scrubbers particularly in large open cleaning areas.
- In case of emergency, perform duties as assigned.
- Use light and heavy (industrial type) floor machines and attachments.
- Occasionally assist in the training of new employees.
- Complete all other assigned tasks by management in which the employee is capable of performing
- Perform light duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work safely, tactfully and effectively under minimum supervision and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Safely operate specialized equipment such as: dry vacuum, wet vacuum, buffer, auto-scrubber, extractor.
- Ability to check and maintain the quality of his / her own work.
- Ability to recognize and handle hazardous products.
- Ability to assist in the training of new employees.
- Must maintain Good Attendance
- Required: High School diploma.
- Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time. Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment. Ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Candidate must be bondable
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.55 /hour