The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) helps people overcome workplace injuries and illnesses and helps business owners make their workplaces safe and healthy. Our people are at the heart of what we do. Bring your enthusiasm and expertise to the WSIB, and we’ll help you achieve your personal and professional goals through meaningful work, development opportunities and a culture of compassion, integrity and teamwork.
We are the WSIB. And we’re here to help.
This is a temporary opportunity for up to 12 months.
Lead channel modernization engagements from start to finish while ensuring client requirements are met in a timely manner. Identify gaps, monitor trends and potential implications of various modernization initiatives.
This role will support Business Process Redesign & Creation activities (including workshop planning, facilitation, and business requirements elicitation and documentation), as part of the Core Services Modernization program
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support in strategy creation and option assessment documentation required to drive channels modernization through:
Supporting the business in defining targets and future SLAS based on new business models
Support all levels of management in defining business and operational goals by bringing clarity to unit strategies; conducting feasibility and business case analysis and making recommendations on business process improvements that may have business impact.
2. Prepare and present project proposals and assessments including financial analysis, cost estimates, terms of reference and cost/benefit studies for each option.
3. Identify and establish scope and parameters of business analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions through:
Facilitating and leading in-depth workshops to elicit review and confirm business requirements, business process re-engineering, data and workflows, business models, business rules and user interface design
Conducting impact analyses and assessments including AS-IS and TO-BE analysis
4. Support business through business testing. Coordinate the testing activities for Channels including creation of testing scenarios, test cases, test plan and test execution
5. Manage direct and indirect resources in order to achieve project deliverables.
6. Assigning and monitoring work assignments and deliverables
7. Providing mentoring and guidance and performance feedback to staff to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with established business analysis methodology and best practices
8. Lead and conduct end to end business process mapping and rules to ensure appropriate processes and organization are in place to support the new system.
9. Partnering with the business area in the development of end to end business process maps and the collection of relevant business case information provided via stakeholder interviews
10. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Education (Level and Specialty / Discipline):
Experience (Years of Related Experience and Type of Experience):
5 – 10 years
Experience working in the financial services or insurance industries.
Familiarity with agile methodologies Kanban/Scrum and Guidewire.
Experience in end-to-end business process mapping, business and technical requirements analysis, business planning, modeling, verification and methodology and product development.
Process, re-engineering experience in defining current/future state
Quality Assurance in SDLC cycles (test strategy, test cases and UAT)
Communication, presentation and writing skills to prepare business proposals, action plans, business cases, concise summaries, etc
Technical or Professional Qualifications or Certifications/Designations:
Six Sigma background (or other equivalent Business Process Re-engineering certification)
ACES experience, an asset.
As a precondition of employment, the WSIB will require a prospective candidate to undergo a criminal records name check prior to or at any time following hire.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by the closing date noted above.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates. Due to the volumes of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates that are selected to move forward in the recruitment process. The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer.
The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs at that time. Please be advised that you may be required to provide medical documentation to the WSIB’s Corporate Health Department so that appropriate accommodation can be provided to you throughout the recruitment process.
Employees of the WSIB have important ethical responsibilities, including the obligation to place the public interest above personal interests. Job applicants are therefore required to disclose any circumstance that could result in a real, potential or perceived conflict of interest. These may include: political activity, directorship or other outside employment and certain personal relationships (e.g. with existing WSIB employees, clients and/or stakeholders). Please contact TAC if you have any questions about conflict of interest obligations and/ or how to make a disclosure.
Personal information will be collected from your resume, application, cover letter and references under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 and will be used by the Talent Acquisition Centre and WSIB hiring parties to assess/validate your qualifications and/or determine if you meet the requirements of vacant positions and/or gather information relevant for recruitment purposes. If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal information, contact the WSIB Privacy Office, 200 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3J1 or 416-344-5323 or 1-800-387-0750 extension 5323. Be advised that information related to application status will not be provided.