Position: Operations Lead (Operations, Assistant Manager)
The Operations, Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager and Assistant Manager(s) with sales, productivity and operational functions. Leading the Operations Consultants, they maintain stockroom organization and merchandising presentations.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
Store’s Budget and Business Results
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly sales results with Store Director and Assistant Manager(s) and communicate to staff members.
- Assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager(s) in developing strategies to grow the business, leveraging client loyalty program, events, product knowledge and services.
- Utilize planning tools effectively to ensure that business and operational results are achieved.
- Monitor and participate in programs to reduce shortage/loss.
- Perform on-stage supervision as needed.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing process of team members with the Store Manager and Assistant Manager(s).
- Train, develop, delegate to, supervise and motivate team members.
- Demonstrate self-control and high ethical standards in all circumstances.
Merchandising and Operations
- Maintain and modify stockroom organization and product management.
- Perform shipping and receiving functions, including transfers and damages.
- Ensure cycle counting program is followed to avoid out of stocks.
- Perform supply orders and maintain an appropriate quantity of testers and samples.
- Conduct inventories on a timely basis, maintain updated inventory records, and execute store audits.
- Communicate inventory issues/concerns to Store Manager, Head Office/District Manager.
- Ensure compliance with SEPHORA’s cash handling and shortage prevention procedures.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have one to three years’ experience in a similar role at a similar volume store or equivalent internal experience.
- You have excellent verbal/written communications skills and the ability to influence business partners at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- You have proven ability to create teams by attracting and identifying talented store leaders who can train and develop cast to drive sales and deliver outstanding client service.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by the best talent in the industry – people you can be proud to work with.
- The perks. Think you’ve tried it all? Just wait until you work at Sephora! Enjoy the discounts, gratis & exclusive brand events.
- The education. We heavily invest in training to build your personalized career plan, so you can achieve your professional goals.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
Owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury goods group, Sephora is highly regarded as a beauty trailblazer, thanks to its unparalleled assortment of prestige products, unbiased service from experts, interactive shopping environment, and innovation.
Sephora stores - Sephora operates approximately 1,900 stores in 29 countries worldwide, with an expanding base of over 360 stores across North America. Sephora opened its first U.S. store in New York in 1998, its first Canadian store in Toronto in 2004. Sephora's North American headquarters is located in San Francisco, with corporate offices in New York, Montreal and Toronto.
Sephora.com - Launched in the U.S. in 1999 and Canada in 2003, the foremost beauty site on the Internet is also Sephora's largest North American store in terms of sales and selection of products and brands.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 2 years (Required)