Norbec is a North American leader in manufacturing both prefabricated walk-in coolers and doors as well as architectural insulated metal panels for building envelopes. Norbec prides itself on being a trusted partner in any type of project for a vast selection of markets, including supermarkets, food service, building envelopes, food processing plants, grocery stores, clean rooms and many more. Founded in 1982, Norbec has earned a solid reputation as a leader and continuously innovates to bring its customers the best products and service.
For more information about our products, projects and teams, visit www.norbec.com
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, Controlled Environments & Architectural Facades, Ontario / Western Canada, the Technical Sales Manager, Architectural Facades & Controlled Environments will be responsible for converting IMP-specified projects into revenue for Norbec by working with installers, general contractors and building owners. He/She will work collaboratively with the Norbec specification, marketing and technical teams while developing business relationships with small, medium and large insulated metal panel installers and general contractors in Ontario.
This role requires consistent driving within the territory and occasional overnight travel to ensure long sales cycles are converted into sales.
- Develop and maintain meaningful customer relationships that will generate revenue for the business
- Promote Norbec’s architectural and building envelope solutions.
- Participate in joint visits to architect firms to promote Norbec & have our products specified. Must have previous background calling on architects. The product previously sold must have a certain level of complexity.
- Promote Norbec’s product offering to secure our position within building plans as a named specification with architects, engineers, designers and specifiers
- Recognize and convert specification opportunities into sales potential for our insulated metal panels (IMPs)
- Address specifiers, architects, designers and end users needs to generate business and become their go to resource where IMPs are a solution.
- Reach sales objectives and maximize profitability
- Project management / coordination with inside sales & plant personnel
- Resolve issues
- Report activities to Sales management via a reporting tool
- Collaborate with our Regional Sales Manager, Controlled Environments & Architectural Facades, Ontario / Western Canada to increase Norbec’s panel market penetration with existing and new customers
- Ensure constant product visibility with clients & users via showrooms or other programs
- Track and report showrooms and sample rooms in their Territory & increase Norbec’s presence
- Participate in the development of sales plans and programs to enter and secure new markets
- Educate end users, architects and designers with ‘Lunch & Learn’ activities
- Identify and support key contractors involved with major specified projects
- Prior sales experience is a must as this role is to convert specification opportunities into revenue
- Must understand the relationship between Owner/Promoter/Architect-Designer-Engineering Firm/General Contractor/Sub-trade Installer
- Undertake the necessary actions to achieve growth in his/her territory
- 5-7 yrs. experience with a manufacturer in building products related to building envelope. Insulation / vapor or water barrier /Steel
- Business or College Degree in Building Envelope Science or equivalent
- Exposure to construction industry
- Ability to call on architect offices / to can get specified
- Follow-up on projects. Lead to sales closure
- Self-governing / Self-motivator / Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator (not a chatterbox)
- Project management skills
- Team work with colleagues
- Reporting skills
- Computer literate
- Experience in managing architectural specifications activities is an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in outside sales with a proven track record of success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in building envelope materials as well as experience and good knowledge in the manufacturing industry. Familiar with architectural design specifications, construction design elements
- Knowledge of Insulated Metal Panel products preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience within the metal cladding and construction industry is an asset
- Results-oriented, excellent negotiation skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, customer driven and professional
- Structured and motivated
- Proven client-service skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, CRM, etc.
- Strong presentation skills and competency in front of various audiences is a must
- This role requires consistent travel within the territory and overnight of up to 4 nights per month average
- The success of this position will rely on self-driven initiative, navigating ambiguity, and an independent personality
- Candidates must embody customer centric communication in person, virtual and verbal.
- Tracking projects status will be key to this role.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Permanent