From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners (employees) who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
To inspire and nurture the human spirit –
one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Starbucks Licensed Stores is a strategic business unit that brings the Starbucks Experience to where our customers live, work, and play. We are focused on driving creative and profitable solutions for the company and our business partners.
This role helps to contribute to the success of the company by identifying and securing strategic Licensed Stores business partners to enhance the Starbucks brand through ownership of market strategy, business development, negotiations, relationship management and program adoption.
As a market development manager you will:
Strategic Sales & Account Management
Identify, source and secure new brand-appropriate business partnerships for a portfolio of licensed stores across multiple provinces and channels including, but not limited to: college and university, hospitality, health care and entertainment venues.
Create and implement comprehensive strategies to develop integrated market plans for growing our Licensed Store portfolio across your respective territory.
Market Planning & Portfolio Management
Manage the market planning process, including all aspects of Licensed Store market development; tour new markets as well as existing markets with anticipated renewals, remodels, requested expansions or potential closures; develop strategic plans accordingly
Actively build sales pipeline by cold-calling and prospecting to secure and solidify new partnerships.
Coordinate design and construction issues with internal partners and with Licensee
Collaborate internally across multiple functions to effectively develop markets in line with company mission, values, and strategy
Drive and steer projects to implementation
Sales Leadership & Team Collaboration
Lead cross functional team members to ensure project deliverables are achieved. Team members include but are not limited to; Licensed Store Business Development, Design, Legal and Operations.
Demonstrate a strong desire to help others succeed and live Starbucks mission and values.
Demonstrate self-motivation and a growth mindset, operate autonomously, and deliver results without supervision.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- - Bachelor’s degree
- - Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree (preferred)
- - 5+ years direct cold calling experience
- - 5+ years direct outside B2B sales or business development experience
- - 5+ years direct experience negotiating complex agreements and contracts with executives
- - 5+ years franchising and/or licensing experience in food and/or beverage
- - Advanced understanding of business strategy and strategic planning skills
- - Deep industry knowledge of key segments to include, but not limited to: Business & Industry, College & University, Hospitality, Healthcare, Grocery and Entertainment
- - Functional knowledge of marketing, operations, finance, and competitive strategy
- - Ability to adapt strategies, plans and thrive in ambiguous and competitive environments
- - Expertise at simplifying complicated material to communicate in a concise and effective way
- - Ability to travel 30%-40% of your time
- - Bilingual fluency (French and English) as an asset
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you #tobeapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, provincial, and local ordinances.