This position reports to the Manager of Executive Services and/or Human Resources. The incumbent will be cross trained in staffing and reception.
Job summary for Reception: The incumbent will perform a variety of reception and clerical duties such as receiving visitors, operating the switchboard, typing, processing mail and monitoring the reception area. Typical duties include:
- Operates switchboard by connecting incoming calls to appropriate locals and placing outgoing calls as requested, transfers calls and takes messages as required
- Responds to resident inquiries and provides direction as indicated. Reports residents in difficulty or at risk, to the nursing staff, monitors doors for at risk residents and safety breaches.
- Provides information to the public both in person and by telephone, regarding the location of various departments and services.
Job summary for Staffing: Calls-in/allocates relief staff for designated departments and maintains all related records. Performs clerical duties related to staffing function. Typical duties include:
- Calls-in and allocates relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absences and sick leave in accordance with policy and applicable collective agreements.
- Maintains accurate and current timekeeping records for staff; liases with payroll regarding variances and adjustments as required; answers routine inquiries.
- Prepares, distributes to departments and posts staff schedules within agreed timelines.
Education, training & experience:
- Union scheduling experience is preferred.
- Grade 12 education plus two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to type at 50wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
Job Type: Casual
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)