Furniture Design / Specifier
Provides design services to dealership customers, including site/inventory verification, programming, space planning, typical development, color boards, working/installation drawings, specifications and site-to-plan review. Works closely with dealership sales, order entry and installation groups, as well as customers, to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high quality project implementation.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approvals
- Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to-site adherence checks
- Inventories existing product; produces as-built drawings/specifications
- Conducts in-depth programming and produces program report; interviews customer/end users, researches workplace requirements, analyzes space/furniture needs
- Develops and presents color/finish boards and selections; gains customer approvals
- Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical engineering and A&D drawing sets; gains customer approvals
- Develops product specifications; double-checks specifications against plans; gets specifications order-entry ready using an electronic specification program preferably
- Conducts field and punch-list review with project managers and/or installation group
- Estimates design project time; maintains detailed daily time sheets; manages actual time against project estimates
- Assists in the writing and presentation of design proposals and contracts to customers
- Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from all project planning meetings
- Manages adherence to project schedule, internal dealership budget, customer’s project budget, design task completions and quality of design work
- Does plotting, printing, color boards, etc. for client and dealership transmittal
Contract Furniture/Design Industry Knowledge
- Has strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices
- Has a working knowledge of the dealership’s contract furniture lines, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature, etc.
- Has a working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Understands contract furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation
Interior Design or Drafting Technology Degree or Certification
Knowledge of SalesForce, Project Matrix and CET Designer an asset
Must be organized, extremely accurate, detail orientated and capable of managing multiple priorities
Pleasant, positive, and professional demeanor.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Job Types: Full-time
THE VALUES: Excellence is Not a Skill, it’s an Attitude
Excellence, Positive mental attitude, Inspiring, Tenacious, Challenge Status Quo
Raising the bar on achievement, inspiring others, and being a role model for others.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design (Preferred)