SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Front End Developer (maternity leave coverage) to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Front End Developer will be…
Reporting to the Vice President of eCommerce, the Front EndWebsite Developer will be responsible for supporting the ideation, solutioning and implementation of all front end website enhancements as well as maintaining and optimizing existing projects for SaxxUnderwear.ca and .com. The successful candidate will focus on building the best customer journey online with our eCommerce team.
You value integrity and area proponent of new technology and methodology. Not only are youtech savvy, but you are a people-person who is approachable. You take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven.
- Manage the progressive development of the SAXXUnderwear.com and .ca sites exclusively in coordination with Brand, IT, Finance, Marketing and respective suppliers/vendors.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional stakeholders to build the strategic plan for technology, infrastructure, security, and compliance for SAXXUnderwear.com/.ca.
- Manage and execute all aspects of front end development, and other web/ technical operations for our websites.
- Spearhead the sprint planning of website enhancements with the Vice President of eCommerce.
- Perform full website audits for desktop and mobile UX making logical recommendations for improvements/solutions to allow for enhancement and efficiency including page speeds.
- Actively participate in the budgeting and planning processes.
- Lead the research and development of new technical initiatives, support mechanisms, and data analysis/support.
- Implement SEO strategy on our websites.
- Continue personal professional development in areas such as application design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, software & systems design, engineering or related field required.
- 5 years advanced knowledge and experience in development using popular tools, servers, and technologies needed for professional eCommerce environments.
- Experience with the implementation and integration with ad networks (GTM experience a plus)
- Experience in UX/UI, API integration, performance/speed optimization an asset.
- Experience with tools such as Adobe CS and Sketch a plus
- Familiarity developing for mobile web devices and responsive design.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Familiarity with modern web development tools – NPM, Yarn, WebPack
- Ability to communicate status/problems to team members and non-technical managers effectively.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
Please forward your cover letter and resume and quote Front End Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract