The Opportunity - Hydraulic Test Technician / Field Service Representative
Working as a Test Technician for Curtiss-Wright Indal in Mississauga, ON, your role is to conduct performance and qualification testing to military specifications in accordance with established test procedures. After on-the-job experience and product knowledge is achieved, occasional travel to perform field service installation, maintenance and repair will be required. Must possess a valid passport with no restrictions to travel.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables:
- Installation and set-up of production naval equipment into test rigs/fixtures.
- Operation/functional loading of test articles.
- Qualifying test data acquired through various test procedures.
- Operate/configure data acquisition to meet test requirements.
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance on test equipment.
- Routine clean-up of work area.
- Documenting standard work.
- Implementing LEAN initiates.
- Usage of forklift and crane to handle large test items.
- Adherence to OSHA safety regulations.
- Ensure all work is performed according to the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Trained and experience in the safe connection and operation of equipment using voltages up to 600VAC 3ø.
- Trained and experience in working safely and hydraulic equipment operating at 5000 psi.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical, electronic and complex industrial hydraulic schematics.
- Previous experience in testing and troubleshooting industrial equipment.
- Environmental Stress Screening experience would be considered an asset.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and LABView data acquisition (DAQ) software would be an asset.
- Previous customer interaction would be an asset.
- Understanding of LEAN principles and LEAN manufacturing.
- Diploma or certificate from an accredited technical institute.
- A strong technical background in both hydraulics and electrical electronic controls plus hands on experience in the operation of these types of equipment.
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled