Ammeraal Beltech Ammega is one of the world’s leaders in process and conveyor belting. In all industries and logistics services, products are transported and often processed during transport. In fact, many of the products you see and use daily could well have been in contact with Ammeraal Beltech Ammega belts before they came to you. That’s because we are a truly global company with our products in use far and wide. We have affiliates in 25 countries and thanks to our worldwide distribution network; our products are available in 150 countries around the globe.
The Product Manager is responsible for all activities to ensure the success of assigned product lines in Canada. This includes defining a roadmap for product development by identifying opportunities for improving the success and recommending new product development as necessary. Responsibilities also include support of the salesforce with marketing collateral and other product literature to ensure the success of the products. Final responsibilities include management of the profit and loss for assigned product lines and ensuring that actions are taken to maintain as much profit as possible. This position is part of the Technical Sales Management team (TSM) and reports to the National Technical Sales Manage
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates on the TSM planning sessions, advising other product managers as an active member
- Assists Territory Sales Managers with revisions/updates to initial targeted Distributors.
- Implements Company strategy through Partner Distributor organizations.
- Supports sales force with Distributors to targeted National Accounts.
- Cooperates with OEMs in developments important for the Company.
- Assumes the role of primary point-of-contact between the company and A accounts. Bring Company resources to bear on the customer needs.
- Organizes, schedules and administers training to increase the sales effectiveness of CSR and sales force and other customers like Distributor organizations.
- Promotes the Company’s technical solutions at targeted OEM accounts.
- 5P analysis: Product, Price, Placement, Promotion & People.
- Manages the product lifecycle classifying standards and non-standard items.
- Develops pricing strategies, designs and maintains a robust policy.
- Supports production units advising in fabrication, quality and stock level.
- Visit clients sites with sales representatives to identify clients specifications & advise on products
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to learn how transform products to fit with customer specifications.
Training will be provided to use the designated machines & to efficiently provide instructions to the shop team. Hands on manipulation of the product is a key part of developing product expertise.
Drives results and deadline drive
Continuous improvement /innovation
Influence, Negotiation and Impact
Planning and organizing
Key Behaviors and Tenets of 80/20
Are accountable to others
Have the courage to challenge the status quo
Are honest with co-workers and customers
Able to be innovative problem solvers
Are engaged team members
Add value to the Company
Expects excellence of self and others
Overserves top customers
Understands, simplifies and acts to improve processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- College Diploma or University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 3 years prior experience in industrial manufacturing or related industries is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with working knowledge of Windows-based software and CRM is an asset
- Self-managed, team player with a passion for team success
- Experience interfacing with or sales to industrial distributor organizations is an asset
- Strong organization and time management skills required
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Must be able to work in Canada for any employer
Position based in Mississauga
Permanent full time position
Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Full medical benefits with Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
Group Pension Plan with employer matching
Base annual salary:
70 K$CAD to 80 K$CAD depending on profile & experience
Personal Incentive Bonus Plan
AMMEGA is a global leader in product quality and service excellence for Lightweight Conveyor Belts, Power Transmission Belts, and Rubber Hose products. Our core mission is to fully enable the most dedicated, knowledgeable and creative team in the industry so that we remain the leading innovator in belting.
We cultivate internal talents, tradition of fabrication, and technical expertise to excel in management performance and operational efficiency in order to deliver enduring value to our customers.
Explore our websites to get more information about our company & brands:
Ammega. We make your business move.
Ammega is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors. We foster an inclusive and accessible environment and are committed to providing support to applicants and employees with disabilities.