Building Operator – Low Tide Properties
About Low Tide Properties
Low Tide is a private real estate investment, development, and management company founded in 2011 and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. We buy and hold office, industrial, multifamily rental and retail properties.
We invest in the emerging neighbourhoods we know best. Our company searches for multiple properties in each neighbourhood with the intention of owning enough space to have a meaningful impact.
We immerse ourselves in the neighborhoods where we invest, and work to become part of the community. We improve properties for both the benefit of tenants and neighbourhoods. We are service oriented, collaborative and nimble.
Role: As an integral part of the Property Management Team, the Building Operator is responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of the building and the smooth operation of the facility. In this role you will work closely with the Senior Property Manager and collaborate with the rest of the Property Management and Building Operations team members. Your exact building portfolio will be determined based on your skills and experiences.
- Develop, monitor, maintain, modify and control all current, altered and new building services and building systems (interior and exterior).
- Maintain and supervise all aspects of building and occupant operations to good industry practices.
- Perform, track and record good practice preventative and predictive maintenance for building systems such as HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire and life safety systems; update preventative and predictive maintenance program(s) regularly.
- Direct responsibility for all aspects of the high-pressure steam boilers, heating and cooling systems ensuring support staff is familiar with the safe practice in maintaining, operating and controlling this equipment.
- Conduct the chemical water treatment of the heating and cooling systems; maintain logs and inventory.
- Supervise and protect the building as service contractors and tradesman work in the building and on its systems.
- Supervise all life safety issues and systems.
- As required, perform hands-on general cleaning, plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry and HVAC repairs along with other miscellaneous duties.
- Maintain lighting on a daily basis throughout the building; ensure appropriate inventory.
- Assist with maintenance of exterior ground as necessary, including snow removal, ice melt, sanding, etc., in the winter months; sweeping, power washing, and ground maintenance (including irrigation systems) in summer.
- Maintain the BOMA Best Certification or similar.
- Ensure common areas, exterior, vacant suits, storage, and mechanical areas are neat and tidy at all times; report, document and correct any irregularities; responsible for the appearance and safety of the property.
- Attend to tenant and management work order (electronic or otherwise) requests in a timely manner; keep Senior Property Manager apprised of operational and tenant concerns.
- Actively participate in the annual operating budget process.
- Provide supporting coverage at other properties during vacation and illness of other operators.
- Provide monthly operational reporting as required.
- Maintain any additional certifications as may be required by the employer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Property Manager.
- A minimum of 5th Class Power Engineer/Operator and at least 7 years of experience with commercial, office, retail buildings with complex building systems.
- Demonstrated experience with automation systems and troubleshooting mechanical systems.
- Willing and able to work overtime in the event of emergency; available for on-call duty on a rotational basis (one week per month).
- Positive attitude and proactive mindset.
- Strong communications skill set and professional presentation: good writing skills, verbal communication.
- Collaborative and service oriented: ability and desire to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with tenants, internal staff, contractors, suppliers and the public.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including standing for an extended period of time, walking, lifting, grasping and performing repetitive motions, sometimes in confined spaces or small areas.
- Clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Operator: 7 years (Required)